Welcome to the SIMvolution
The Sims best-selling series has grown so much since the first title was released back in 2000. The Sims FreePlay freemium version has been designed specifically for mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones, available to download for Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 systems. The game emulates the complete The Sims experience of the desktop computer edition, leaving us with a good experience for trying this one out.
The game presents a simplified version of the big brother title, right before the next The Sims 4 installment release. As with any previous edition you start creating your own avatar in the game from templates, or from scratch with different default elements included in the title. Apart from the physical aspect you can select the personality, an important feature that will decide how your Sim will interact with pets and other characters.
The graphical aspect resembles previous versions, but it lacks the quality from newer PC versions. The design is almost the same, with colorful details remarking the general aspect of the series. Although it does not stand out, the developers from EA Mobile have made good work in optimizing the title with a high number of elements included for mobile devices.
Different style for the same universe
Although the game shares some similarities with other Sims games, this is the first time that it has included the real-time feature for the different duties of the characters. This affects the growth of babies into toddlers, and pre-teens into teenagers, amongst other functions like the creation of cakes or other activities.
Just like in real life, the game establishes different kinds of currencies for buying new furniture and even neighbor Sims. You can earn Simeleons from working at jobs; Life Points by fulfilling different goals or hobbies and Social Points exclusively by completing special goals in your neighbor’s town. For getting additional neighbors, you will have to buy them with these Social Points, so spend them wisely. Additionally you can earn them through in-app online micro-transactions for purchasing new outfits or decorative elements for your houses.
The Sims FreePlay is especially designed to explore the relationships between different members of the family
The Sims FreePlay is especially designed to explore the relationships between different members of the family, from babies to grandkids and their grandfathers. Gameplay has been adapted to touchscreens offering an intuitive way of playing that can even be better than the PC version, making it even easier to control without the help of external pads. With up to 32 customized Sims, the addictive and limitless path from babies to adulthood lies right in front of you.
The Sims FreePlay 5.2.2 Features
Here are the main features and capabilities of The Sims FreePlay for smartphone and tablet devices:
- Customize your Sims with additional characteristics like their personality as well as their physical aspect
- Design the house you always wanted to have thanks to the limitless elements and a bit of help from the game
- Include pets in your house, take care of your garden and even bake cakes for the young ones to celebrate their birthdays
- Real-time gameplay style in which time passes and matters for the growth of your characters and building new houses
- Synchronize your online game with Facebook and visit your friends’ towns
- Fulfill different kinds of objectives in order to earn Simeleons, Life Points and Social Points, or purchase them straight from the online store
For additional data or help with the app before you download The Sims FreePlay, feel free to check the
Check the minimum requirements for The Sims FreePlay in your device:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8, Android 2.0, BlackBerry 10, iOS 4.3 and Kindle Fire
- Size: 538MB free space and upwards depending on the target download system